We are excited to announce a wonderful opportunity for your child to participate in a free seminar focused on learning how grow to a bouquet of flowers!
During our cut-flower grow along, each student will receive weekly detailed instruction. Easy-to-follow steps will be clearly organized in a way that your elementary student can independently manage!
During the 14-week grow along, your child will learn the art of nurturing and cultivating flowers from seed. This hands-on experience will not only teach them the practical skills of gardening but also instill a sense of responsibility in managing a living thing. Perhaps the most important lesson is growing kindness. Imagine the joy and satisfaction your child will feel in sharing a beautiful homegrown bouquet!
To ensure a successful learning experience, we will be providing the necessary seeds to each participant. The seeds and/or tubers selected for this course were curated with a beginner skill-level and cut-flowers in mind. The value of the package each student will receive is no less than $22, plus weekly guidance for the grow along. Because this is a significant investment for us, we ask for a commitment from both you, the parent, and also your student. This commitment will be covered on the enrollment form.
In additional to a commitment, we ask that each household provide the following additional materials:
- A pencil
- A calendar or access to a calendar so that one can be printed and referenced weekly
- Seed-starting mix
- Potting soil or garden soil
- A kitchen spoon that can be used in the dirt
- A garden trowel, small shovel, or digging tool
- Approximately 16 square feet of prepared growing space. This space should be easily accessed with a garden hose and should not be a space where seedlings will be competing with grass and weeds. If you need help with this, there is time to prep and I can definitely offer suggestions! Containers can work, too.
- Not required but recommended: Seed-starting tray (I’ll give plenty of other options if you do not already have these!)
The grow-along will be conducted over the course of 14(ish) weeks, allowing ample time for your child to observe the growth and development of their flowers. It is a fantastic opportunity for them to develop patience, perseverance, and a deeper appreciation for the wonders of nature.
We believe that this will not only enrich your child's knowledge but also provide a valuable life skills.
If you would like your child to participate in this exciting journey of learning and growth, REGISTER HERE. Space is limited, so don’t wait!
Should you have any questions or require further information, please feel free to reach out. I’m here to assist and ensure a rewarding experience for your child.
We both look forward to embarking on this journey alongside with you!
Rebecca and Charlotte